Have you ever found yourself searching for an investment property, but not knowing what to buy, how to get the best price or just don’t have time? Then this week’s topic is for you. This week we meet with Diane Klem-Goode to discuss everything about Buyers Agents, and why they are an effective way to help you buy your investment property. This article hopes to inform all those who still have questions or concerns when it comes to using a buyer’s agent.
What is a Buyer’s Agent ?
Then this week’s topic is for you. This week we meet with Diane Klem-Goode to discuss everything about Buyers Agents
Buyers’ agents are people or companies with real-estate licenses who buy and search properties on behalf of another party. A buyer’s agent is a seasoned professional when it come to buying properties. They know what to look for, who and what to ask and what prices are best. Buying an investment property can be a scary and daunting experience, a buyers agent knows this and most often then not can be someone to lean on during this time and offer reassurance.
What are the advantages of buying with a Buyer’s Agent?
A buyer’s agent can help add a constructive unbiased perspective when buying a property, they have seen it all before…. I mean they are doing it every day! Having a buyer’s agent on your side means more than just helping you find a perfect property they also….
- They are massive time savers, most the time buyers are working other full-time jobs, so with a buyer’s agent they search properties for you, go to open homes ultimately help make the process less stressful.
- Use knowledge and experience to help you navigate and buy in the local market conditions.
- Buyer’s agents are continually networking and meeting people, they are constantly finding out what are currently the best properties and prices on the market.
- Act as an advocate for the buyer during the entire process.
- Negotiate price and terms strictly on behalf of the buyer.
- Assist in securing property inspections, as well as providing advice regarding necessary improvements and repairs.
- Consult with the buyer about financing options.
- Attend the loan closing to help address any last-minute details and questions
Are Buyer’s Agents Worth it?
It’s important you look for a buyer’s agent who is an Accredited Buyer Representative. These types of agents have met certain qualifications and test to be credible buyers for your property.
Here are a few questions that you should ask your potential buyers’ agent:
- Do you accept sales listings? – An agent who answers yes is not an exclusive buyer’s agent; if they were to be exclusive conflicts of interest could arise with other buyers.
- How familiar are you with the local area/type of property I am interested in. Having a buyer with this experience can save a lot of time and money.
- What credentials or certifications do you have? Look for Accredited Buyer Representative.
- What are your fees/how will you be paid?
Can you use a Buyer Agent for your family home?
Every agent is different when it comes to helping you find a property and what for. Diane personally as a buyer’s agent can help you find a family home.
However, this type of purchase is a more specific, as its more emotional being your family home over an investment property.
Being a home, the client plans to live in, the requirements become more specific. For example, how many bedrooms, are you planning to be here 5-10 years, do you want to have kids, are you looking to extend.
What is the difference between a Buyer’s Agent and a Real-estate Agent?
Most people generally will use a real-estate agent to find a home or investment property. However, there is difference between a buyer’s agent and real-estate agent when helping you purchase a property.
A real-estate agent works for either themselves or a company that can represent both sides of a deal. They are eager to show listing held by themselves or their firm before all others which can affect negotiation on final price. The fact is that they represent the seller not you.
A buyer’s agent is an unbiased perspective, they have no incentive to show you properties other than the best they believe would suit you. They have your best interest at heart and will help find homes that are for sale by owner rather than seller.
It’s important that when planning to purchase a property, you look at all your options and what/who can help you make the process the most effective and stress free. If you have any question feel free to contact us of Diane Klem-Goode, http://goodepropertygroup.com.au/about-us/